Mother of God Christmas St. Lukianova male deserts.
Address St. Lukianovoy Desert: 600 611, Vladimir region., Alexander's district, p / o Baksheev, etc. Lukyantseva.
Phone St. Lukianovoy desert: (49244) 2-66-89.
Directions to St. Lukianovoy desert by car from Moscow to Yaroslavl highway (M8) travel to the settlement of Upper Yards. At the entrance to town - turn right on Alexandrov. Passage through Alexandrov on the main road. At the exit - turn left onto the desert to the village Lukyantseva.
The site of St. Lukianovoy Desert: http://www.slpustin.ru
History of St. Lukianovoy desert.
The phenomenon of icons Nativity of the Virgin.
The story begins with the desert Lukianovoy events that occurred in 1594. In the village Ignatyev, not far from Alexander's settlement, built a wooden church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary at the behest of Tsar Feodor Ivanovich and the blessing of Patriarch Job.
One day the priest of this church father George went into it before starting the service, found no church icon Nativity of the Blessed Virgin. Despite an intensive search, the icon was not found. A few days later one of the locals in the nearby woods discovered the missing icon. "And then he abie yavisya dearest treasure - the icon of the Virgin Mary. Ole miracles, standing currently at the clouds ... "
When it was told about the priest and the parishioners, they were quick to uzannomu place, and saw firsthand all what they told the first person to uvidveshy miracle of God. "They also fallen before the image of the Blessed Virgin Mary praying with tears in many an hour." And then the icon with reverence and awe was taken, wrapped in a felony and is attributed back to the temple. After some time the same thing happened again: the inexplicable disappearance of the icon of the temple, its appearance in the same desolate place and standing "in the clouds." The icon for the second time was returned to the church and was soon back on the empty spot. Then, after consulting with his parishioners, Father Gregory turned to Saint Job, the Patriarch of Moscow to bless the transfer of a wooden church in the village of Ignatieff in the place of miracle icon of the Blessed Virgin. The blessing of Patriarch was given, and the temple and the icon was moved to a new location.
During the invasion of Polish church was looted and long been in ruins. The roof on it rotted and collapsed, many of the icons "oblinyali" only a miraculous image of the Nativity of the Virgin altarpiece but the Blessed Virgin Mary Protectress of Smolensk remained intact.
In the middle of XVII century on this place by St. Lucian founded a monastic cloister of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, subsequently named Lukianovoy desert.
Holy Lukianova deserts in XVII-XX centuries.
Before his death, St. Lucian, the brothers began to mourn, "" ... ostavlyaeshi us, Father, orphaned. " Rev. same, comforting them, saying: "Do not mourn, brothers. Entrust you to God and His Mother most pure. Reasonably do you wake about this. For if the Lord let my sins and I will have the confidence to Vsemilostlivomu God, And this place is not oskudeyut both, but also glorify them, and spread to my departure, and the king's face poseschati their will. '"
In cadastres 1675 church built by St. Lucian in 1649, described as follows: "The Tsar's palace in the swamp Staroslobodskoy parish convent Nativity of the Blessed Virgin, Lukianova desert, and the monastery church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin, drevyana on the stone work of the five chapters , scaly head, crosses covered with white iron, and in the church God's mercy ... "
The temple was a hundred images. To the right of the king's gate was the image of the Savior Not-Made Almighty, then a miraculous image of the temple Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary in the Life. To the left of the king's gate was revered icon of the Mother of God "Good", according to legend, brought by the Reverend from Moscow.
Successor of St. Lucian and the second after he was rector of the desert Rev. Cornelius. In 1658 he was a "massacre carried out ... builder and spiritual ... both obitelmi, and his maiden. This man Blak sy and good pasyasche own sheep and spiritual deeds izryaden preaching the word of God. "
God's will, by the prayers of the Blessed Virgin and gosudarskim salary of more than twenty years, Rev. Cornelius was active in the dispensation of the monasteries founded by St. Lucian, and relentlessly followed his will, "always take the exhortation to obedience bezroptivnom being in love is nelitsemerey, chastity and non-possession, and nikomuzhe that my have, but generally, in the same church besedovati incompatible with each other outflows. At the same meal in silence prebyvati, the table of the same rebels in the cell of its own othoditi with silence ... and not to uklonyatisya nekiya conversation below to another in his cell prihoditi ... does not have his philosophizing anyone, but being ready for every obedience. " Rev. Cornelius restored monastic community in Assumption Maiden Convent, the sisters are constantly teaching science of spiritual life.
Over time, at the request of the Abbess of the Dormition Monastery Anisii received the blessing of the saint and a diploma, in which the Reverend Cornelius ordered to live in this monastery, and in the deserts Lukianovu ride "from week to week."
Pastoral care of the Assumption nuns nunnery, which was begun by St. Lucian and Cornelius, not is lacking and in later times. This is evidenced by entries in the obituary of the Dormition nunnery XVII-XVIII centuries, as well as track records of monks of the desert, made in the XIX and early XX century. Spiritual guidance was continued ieromonahami Ephraim and Joasaph, abbots desert Macarius, Joasaph and Aaron, priest Abel. Pslednim spiritual Assumption nunnery before closing it was the abbot Abbot Ignatius Lukianovoy desert.
When the Reverend Cornelius Lukianovoy in the desert in 1659 was built the second temple - in honor of the Epiphany (the church was warm, in contrast to the first cold of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary). Epiphany Church stood for ten years, after which the Rev. Cornelius sought the blessing of the Patriarch to dismantle it and rebuild. Was built "... warm wooden church of the Epiphany Well ... <...>
Against the warm church bell tent, her seven bells, the clock shows the iron to the same bells. " In the book scribes for 1675 reads: "In the monastery fifteen cells, in which lived an old man, Cornelius and his brethren. The Holy Gates tent. The monastery is surrounded by a fence. The monastery courtyard and stables skottsky. "
A newly built wooden church at Epiphany dilapidation was dismantled in 1680, and was given the blessing to build a new stone church of the Epiphany with a chapel in the name of the martyr Theodore Stratelates, the Guardian Angel of Tsar Feodor Alekseevich. So Rev. Cornelius almost eternally worthy of prayerful memory of the king, his benefactor, his contemporary, who for six years of his tsarsvtovaniya bestowed Lukianovu desert as personal visits, repeated, and a good contribution.
The consecration of the stone church was under the successor of St. Cornelius the father abbot Evagrius. Two chapters of the temple were covered with wooden scales, white iron cross, and the roof planks. Inside the temple, it was simply alien to the pretentiousness, all disposed to prayer, the walls were not painted until the XX century. The icons in the iconostasis of the two chapels - the Epiphany and the Great Theodore Stratelates - were large, not covered with vestments. They are decorated with engraved silver gilt crowns with jewels and pearls ozhereltsa. In the main chapel iconostasis chetyrehyarusnom the right of the king's Wart placed church icon of the Epiphany, on the left - Panteleimon Church. It was one of the earliest lists of icons brought from Mount Athos to Moscow during the reign of Alexei Mikhailovich. Since Mount Athos Vratarnitsa the end of the XVII century the monastery guarded Lukianovu.
In the refectory of the church on the first pillar of the image hung Nativity of the Virgin, and all around the image, which is a mullion, have been written of the Lord and the Theotokos, holidays, and they were under the silver-gilt salary.
The bell had fifteen bells: one large, one daily, weighing 21 pounds 28 pounds, seven small-and six small ones. In addition to these bells at Epiphany Church, the bell was still at the Cathedral, then at the gate and in the cell of the abbot.
Under the temple were made "polatki" to store the monastery property and business supplies.
In the church of the Epiphany in a special room was the sacristy of the monastery, which contained two ancient gospel Moscow press (one in 1677 and another in 1685), richly decorated, two srebropozolochennyh cross with relics - treasures admirers Lukianovoy monastery, church vessels - the contribution of the Great Princess Natalia Alexeevna. Here were stored, and four letters of Tsar Feodor Alekseevich, 1677, 1678, 1680 and 1681 years of monastic and other documents.
The death of Rev. Cornelius was followed by 11 (24) in August 1681. Monk was buried in a crypt under the altar of Holy Trinity Cathedral Alexander Uspensky Monastery. Memory has long been celebrated saint in both realms: Every year on the day of repose of St. Cornelius at his funeral headstones were made before large crowds.
In 1995, the Rev. Cornelius relics with the blessing of the Archbishop of Vladimir and Suzdal Eulogius had been raised and is now resting in the right aisle of the Trinity Cathedral of the Assumption Convent.
Monastic comfortable in the XVIII century.
The last years of the XVII century were remarkable for the desert because it was at this time, diligence and cellarer of the monastery Chudova tonsures Lukianovoy abode priesthood Joasaph (Koldychevskogo) began construction of five-domed stone cathedral on the very spot where the image was the Queen of Heaven and where was the first wooden Church of the Nativity Blessed Virgin Mary. The cathedral was consecrated in 1712 by decree of Tsar Peter I and the blessing of Metropolitan Stefan, locum tenens of the Patriarchal Throne, in the desert nastoyatelstvo Lukianovoy builder father Abraham. Was present at the consecration of King Peter A. and his sister, Princess Mary A. and A. Theodosius.
Five-domed cathedral was, had a porch. The average head of the cathedral was covered with white iron, the other four were roofed with green tiles. Crosses on the chapters have been gilded. The cathedral was a five-tiered iconostasis carved gilt. To the right of the king's gate was an ancient image of the Saviour in Vsemilostlivogo srebopozlaschennoy chasuble, followed by a series of miraculous icon of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin in the form of mullion, inserted into an icon with the stamps of the life of the Blessed Virgin. In the decoration of the cathedral school of icon-painters participated royal iconographer Simon Ushakov and goldsmith Moscow Kremlin Armory.
In well-appointed council was attended by not only members of the royal family, but servants of the king, a person of noble families, close to the royal court. At this time there were numerous vkaldy from people of different classes: landlords, merchants, military officials and various other patrons and admirers of the monastery, including the inhabitants of the town of Aleksandrov. In the synodic Lukianovoy desert nobles commemorated Miloslavskys (relatives of the first wife of Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich), Lopukhins (kin, the first wife of Peter I), and many illustrious and unknown names. So self-fulfilling prophecy of St. Lucian: "... and you will poseschati great people, princes and boyars, and tsarie-believing."
Almost simultaneously with the cathedral were built two storey stone buildings (rectory and hospital).
In the year 17 123 builder father Abraham in a petition to Tsar Peter I wrote: "... the hospital is not built the church of God, and the monks of ancient times, many sick in the cathedral church of brethren to the liturgy can not walk, and now a contributor to their dinner Colonel Karpov's son Cyril Sytin to the hospital to build a new stone church of St. Catherine ... "domed small stone hospital Ekaterininsaya church was consecrated in 1714. At the same time was built the southern part of the monastery's stone wall with the holy gates and two towers.
When his father Abraham was compiled chronicle of the early desert life of St. Lucian history and miracles of the appearance of the icon. It handed the Bishop of Vladimir and Suzdal Parthenius in 1830, was written: "The manuscript is plain, Thou enclosing spreading history of the monastery, to keep with all the solicitude and bind properly." Lists with this manuscript were stored in different monasteries in Russia, including at the Holy Trinity St. Sergius Lavra. When his father Abraham in the desert were opened obituary and contribution book. In his petition granted Peter A. Desert mill on the River Little Kirzhach. In 1717, the Metropolitan of Ryazan and Murom Stephen Abbot raised his father Abraham, to the rank of abbot "in respect that the great rulers have sought that the monastery, the abbot, he means, his graces, and in honor thereof." Since then, began to desert several abbots, which lasted until 1764. Father Superior of Abraham, a former rector of the wilderness for thirteen years, died in 1718 and was buried under the altar of the Virgin Mary, Nativity Cathedral.
According to the monastic inventories 1718 and desert owned three wooden chapel with holy icons for the charges. They were located outside the monastery: a settlement, on the Moscow road and under Pereslavl. In Moscow, the gate was Sretensky Compound Lukianovoy desert, later abolished.
In the XVIII century over the tomb was built by Lucian pepdobnogo "polatka" (chapel) zhiletely zeal of Alexandrov. In the monastic documents of the time read: "Between the cathedral and churches, built a stone polatka meal in her coffin Lukoyana St., near the grave lattice steel, the steel door polatki, covered with boards onaya polatka." Chapter chapel crowned with a cross. Subsequently, the wooden roof and replaced the head of a dilapidated iron. The chapel was small, the plan was a regular octagon, the distance ezhdu parties had three meters, the height to the cross was about six feet. At the tomb lay a wooden board with a picture of St rise in full. (Lithographic images images of St. Lucian grave at the end of the XIX century were issued in favor of the cloister zeal Nikolai Semenovich Stromilova.). In his hand was a scroll with the Reverend text of his will. Subsequently, in the chapel was established two-tier iconostasis. In the bottom row of the iconostasis in the center was an icon of the Epiphany, on her left - the icon of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin. Next in the series was an image of St. Matthew apostolal, psanny, apparently, in memory of his heavenly patron Elder Matthew, a disciple of Saint Lucian, who vows to be honored to witness, "but the clouds soyaniya" icon of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, and later, a monk of the desert, martyred in the monastery. The walls of the chapel were painted with texts: the prophecies of the monk, his Life and a brief history of the base of the Assumption Convent in Alexandrov Maiden. The chapel was twenty-seven holy images.
In 1771, on petition of the inhabitants of the town of Aleksandrov was established annual procession with the miraculous icon of the sixth week of Easter in the desert Lukianovoy in Aleksandrov in memory of the deliverance of the city and neighboring areas of the plague. According to tradition the procession in the city of Alexandria was established by St. Lucian yet. In this miraculous image erased from hagiographical icon of the Blessed Virgin, in which he occupies a central position, and instead inserted the list with him, made in the tradition of the XVI century.
Archimandrite Leonid (Kavelin) The reason for this was a description of the procession: "On Saturday, the fifth week after Easter Mother Superior of the monastery of the Assumption sent through the treasurer or the Provost asked the abbot to let go of the icon of the desert Lukianovoy Nativity of the Virgin of the Assumption to visit Alexander's nunnery, by the builder of the desert is always this agreement. For these things known to all the holiday is a great concourse of people from nearby villages, miles and more than fifty, and even from neighboring towns: Pereslavl-Zaleski and the Trinity-Sergiev Posad. Part of the zealous worshipers listening to the monastery of the Assumption vigil, while others go into the desert to worship the icon Lukianovu Nativity and there on a Saturday listening vsnoschnuyu, and early on a Sunday Mass, after which the Abbot, accompanied by a procession and pilgrims begin from Lukianovoy desert city of Alexandria.
On the way to the village of Alexandrov Baksheev and two villages are the miraculous icon of the prayers of singing with vodoosvyascheniem; fourth moleben committed in the city, in the settlement of so-called Sadovnoy, which comes out on Candlemas, also with a procession, the clergy, Alexander Assumption nunnery and grad Church of the Transfiguration. By committing this icon to voosvyascheniem prayer priests brought in the monastery of the Dormition women's monastery, where the Trinity Cathedral in its leaves soborne Divine Liturgy. After Mass, accompanied by numerous pilgrims going to the same clergy of both monasteries and Church of the Transfiguration course the main street of the city, among whose clergy goes to meet the Nativity of Christ Cathedral, and, with prayer service here otpev vodosvyatiem, descended the clergy, with the increasing crowd of praying people, sent for city on the road to the chapel of Trinity Vsemilostlivogo Spas, owned Lukianovoy desert, where once again performed with moleben vodoosvyascheniem.
By committing this icon to brought by her from the desert image of the Saviour, the Virgin Protectress and the Resurrection of Christ belong to the monastery of the Assumption, of course other related stay here at the chapel for the rest, others go with the course of the Assumption Convent, where the cathedral church is the perfect dismissal; all those who came to the monastery to venerate the Holy Cross and to the miraculous icon of the Virgin and sprinkled with holy water. The icon of Our Lady of the Assumption is the monastery until the day of the Assumption, at which time it twine in all residence in the monastery from the abbess; in keliyah cherednym priest Lukianovoy Desert committed moleben and vodoosvyascheniem. On the day of the Ascension, and sometimes in saluting the Passover, one o'clock in the afternoon in the fourth accompanies icon of the Assumption Convent in Christ Cathedral, the city is taken then the townsfolk in their homes for prayer service and moved to the city parish church of the Transfiguration. Before leaving the city icon again entered in the cathedral church of the Assumption Convent, where, at church service singing all the clergy of the city of Alexander and citizens, it finally escorted out of town on the road to Lukianovu deserts, and on the occasion of the adoption of the icons for the pilgrimage in the villages on the road and around the and others in the county, and even beyond it returns thereof to the desert only to the annual festival of the monastery, by September 8. " And so it happened every year for centuries.
Life in the desert in the XIX century.
In the monastery, according to the documents of the desert, never faded memory and honor of the founder of the monastery of St. Lucian. So during the XIX century chapel of St permanently repaired: updated graffiti ponovlyalas shrine, the golden iconostasis, cleaned with silver vestments in icons. In the chapel, except for the image on the holy grave, it was a picture made on the canvas. In 1916, the tomb was made on the new icon of St.. In Catherine's Hospital Church of St. Lucian icon was placed behind the left of the choir of the icons venerated in Russia, the saints, as Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, great George, Olga Equal to the Apostles and St. Alexander Nevsky. Each year, the day of death of St. Lucian holiday in Nativity of the Virgin at the big gathering of the people serves as requiem over his grave.
Especially great celebration of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary and the three hundredth anniversary of its acquisition of the icons were in the desert in 1893. On the eve of a holiday in the cathedral chapel was accomplished Queen of Heaven, then served on the vigil of the Holy Skete of Athos Charter Mountain, anciently borrowed from Sarov.
Services were the superiors of the monasteries of Vladimir-Suzdal diocese, dean of the monasteries and priests of Alexander and the surrounding villages. At this festival brought together the descendants of noble families and merchants, among whom there were many ancestors of depositors and guardians of the monastery, their dust keeps Lukianova deserts and vigilantly praying for the repose of their souls.
A crowd of numerous pilgrims from Moscow, Alexandrov, Pereslavl, Kirzhach, as well as surrounding villages filled the Epiphany church with the first sounds of Blagovest to early mass, and in Catherine's Church at that time were made funerary liturgy of the late founder of the monastery ieromonahe Lucian. Requiem for ieromonahe Lucian was made after the early Mass soborne Abbot Abbot Jerome in the desert a place of burial in the chapel of St.
Then began a solemn church service on Christmas Day, Mother of God Cathedral, built on the site where the miraculous icon. The cathedral could not accommodate the pilgrims arrived, they stood in the porch and covered gallery surrounding them. Under the arches of the cathedral sounded ancient stolpovoe singing. After the liturgy, Father Abbot blessed the congregation and the icon of the holiday photo albums brought a desert and a description of its history, as well as handing out icons Nativity of the Virgin, painted by the masters of Kholui.
A solemn procession around the monastery with miraculous icon was completed requiem at the grave of St. Lucian in the chapel, with the participation of the Dean of monasteries Modest archimandrite, abbot Lukianovoy Desert Father Jerome, and the abbots of the monastery Mahrischenskogo Stefano, Borkowski desert, numerous priests, churches in the city of Alexander and the neighboring villages and Superior Assumption Convent Abbess Evfrasine sisters.
According to the plan in 1824 in the desert were the Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin, the Church of the Epiphany with the Chapel of the Great Theodore Stratelates, Catherine church, the chapel of St. Lucian, two-story rectory house and two sister corps, as well as single-storey hospital building. The monastery was surrounded by a stone wall with the holy gates and seven towers. Outside the monastery were outbuildings.
Of the monastic churches only hospital Catherine's church so decayed during its existence, which was rebuilt in 1834, Alexander's zeal Corner merchants, brothers, Zubov.
The Cathedral Church of white gold crosses only once demanded overhaul, which was done by the father abbot Plato in 1850. The porch that surrounded the church on three sides, the outside was decorated with colorful tiles with floral ornaments. They were produced in the monastery plant. The top of the cathedral was decorated with frescoes by twelve great feasts. Prior to the beginning of XX century cathedral was painted from the inside. Only at the end of the XIX century its interior walls, and, apparently, the gallery was decorated with scenes from the life of Jesus Christ in the Byzantine style and the figures of individual saints. The cathedral was adorned with white stone porch.
In a majestic gilded craftsmanship shestiyarusnom iconostasis of the cathedral housed the ancient revered icon of XVI-XVII centuries: the right of the king's gate the Image of the Savior with the angels in the upcoming two new silver chasuble, with them in a row in Kyoto under the canopy of carved temple miraculous icon of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the inserted the frame with twelve stamps Lives of the Virgin, on the left of the image of the royal doors Mother of God "Good", brought by St. Lucian from Moscow, and the ancient Marian image of the "Burning Bush". This image had a stamp on which were depicted the phenomenon of the Theotokos. Of specially venerated images that were in the cathedral, we should note the icon of St. Alexis Man of God, "Vision of St. Sergius of Radonezh Virgin" and "Prayer of the Blessed Procopius before the icon of the Annunciation in the Great Ustyug." By the prayer of the terrible tornado vyatogo with rockfall passed the city and save his people in 1290.
On the worship of the miraculous icon of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary for help and the prayers of Our Lady before her image, which can be found in monastic documents XVII - XIX centuries. So we read: "The gain in the Blessed Virgin Mary with silver cross moschmi Zoloche on it ten pearls, thirty crosses serebryanyhyuyu" - and further, "earrings with emeralds and pearls, rings are different ..."
Zeal the Alexander merchants kept up to date on the vestment manifested miraculous icon of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, and in 1843 was made a new two-sided chasuble. Her delicate face of the (well-known masters of the village near Kostroma Red) was srebropozlochennoy with stones in the crown, but the flip side was mednoposerebryannaya. In this old robe adorned with a replica of the image, which replaced the miraculous image of the Virgin Nativity Cathedral-year period committed the procession in the city of Alexandria.
In the desert was, at least three copies of the miraculous icon of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary late letters, made in the XIX century, especially for the removal of them from the monastery at the Divine in the villages of Alexander, Pereslavl, Pokrovsky counties and the city Kirzhach. The monks of the desert engaged in icon-painting.
In the XIX century in the desert monastic chronicle was not conducted, and information on its superior and inner life are preserved only in the stories of old-timers. Some information on elder deacon Abraham, who lived in the desert desperately for fifty years, beginning in 1830 and remembered many of the abbots of the monastery leads NS Stromilov in his writings. According to this information, especially reverent remembrance of his father left the builders Anatoly, Plato, and Victor. They were characterized by a godly life and zeal for the welfare of the monastery.
When Plato's father in the wilderness was established the custom of reading the Akathist of the Mother of God on Sundays before the liturgy in the summer and in winter time on Saturday after a short vespers. Reading of the Akathist Saturday to Sunday evangelism in accompanied by a large bell.
Father Superior Macarius (nastoyatelstoval from 1860 to 1874) was concerned not only the external welfare of the monastery (if it was first built two-story hotel and a fraternal body), but as a strict ascetic, Radel of domestic piety and decorum biography of his spiritual guidance entrusted to the monks. He himself in his youth, was a novice in Sarov, then Nyametskoy Laura. Particularly revered memory Elder Monk Paisios Velichkovsky. Church service in the desert Lukianovoy set off by the statute of Sarov, has established its abbot Macarius: stolpovoe singing, reading, drawn-out, after kathismata Sunday antiphons sung chant. On the psalm was sung polyeleos elected entirely, and every three verses magnification of the holiday. In local and major holidays laid under the Charter of the canon solos are not read, but sung, and the sixth song happened Synaxarion reading, as well as after the Six Psalms before Kathisma always been a sensible reading of the Gospel. In the Great Lent after kathismata read works of St. John of the Ladder. Worship in the desert Lukianovoy sent in the following order: four and sometimes three o'clock in the morning and was accomplished popolunoschnitsa matins at nine o'clock in the morning liturgy at four o'clock pm, and the same great holidays and Sundays, at six o'clock in the evening vigil .
Father Superior Macarius died in 1874 and was buried near the altar of the cathedral from the south.
At the gate with the image of the Holy Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary was built tent, which housed the monastery library, along with an archive. Elder Abraham was in charge of the library. They kept manuscripts of spiritual and historical content of the offering of the monastery, the chronicle of the desert, brought up to 1718, Life of St. Lucian history of miracles, committed to the monastery, obituary, Inserted monastic book, music irmos. From old printed books in the library kept the old "Commentary on the Gospel of Cyril Tranquillien" in 1619 and talks of St. John Chrysostom fourteen epistles of the Apostle Paul and the Acts of the Apostles edition in 1624.
Of the monastic buildings should note two storey housing: polukamenny rectory and fraternal stone with dining room and kitchen. They was thirty-three cell. The two towers of the monastery wall (north-east and east) over two floors were also constructed cell, a total of nine. In 1914 he built another two-storied fraternal body. Within the monastic enclosure located baker's pantry with the bottom two floors and a stone bath. On the north side of the Epiphany Church in secret for the body was dug a well from which water was supplied to the pump refectory rectory buildings and privately, as well as the chapel of St. Lucian and even outside the monastic enclosure for farm buildings.
Inside the monastery along the east wall was divided into so-called regular fleet, consisting of coniferous and deciduous trees. From the west along the walls of the monastery housed a fruit garden (one hundred apple seedlings and other crops), as well as garden, apiary and stone conservatory. Temples surrounded by flower beds. Not far from the rectory of the body was a pond with fish tank. Several ponds were outside the fence of the monastery. One of them, located between two roads going to the village and the village of Nikolayevka Novlyanskaya, on giving, was dug out with the participation of St. Lucian. The second pond interesensvoim named Silver, was located behind the hotel to the left of the road leading to the former village of Ignatieff. Outside the fence of the monastery in a hotel for pilgrims housed parish school. In the convent school taught reading, writing and church singing fifteen children-orphans of soldiers' families, who lived in a shelter in the desert.
By the outbuildings of the monastery is necessary to carry out horse and cattle yard, laundry, storage of stone and wooden wings, as well as brick and tiled plant (in 1911 it was made one hundred and sixty-three thousand bricks).
The monastery had its own yard in the town of Alexandrov - two-storey house polukamenny, has long owned a water mill on the River Little Kirzhach. Deserts have owned 2936 acres of land in 1848 fathoms, here were arable land, forest cottages, meadows, moors and rivers.
According to documents of the desert in 1917 of his brethren was thirty-seven people: Abbot Ignatius (sixty-nine years), Archimandrite Seraphim (seventy-eight years), Archimandrite Nikanor (seventy-three years), ieromonahov seven Hierodeacon four, nine monks, novices these two, unspecified eleven people. At rest was abbot Ardalion, who was seventy-four years.
Lukianova Deserts in Soviet times.
Lukianova desert was closed in 1920. The monks and novices were instructed to leave the monastery. The subsequent fate is unknown. Worship in all churches were closed.
Soon their own churches as monuments were placed under the protection of the newly established museum "Alexandrova Sloboda", which was located on the territory of the Dormition Monastery in Alexandrov.
After closing documents, and many desert icon from the Cathedral of Epiphany Church and reach the museum, and some icons and objects of monastic property were simply looted. Nehramovye monastery buildings were handed over to tribal state farm, which was required to protect the buildings from destruction. In 1924, the warm church of the Epiphany was given to a school. In 1925, in St. Catherine's Church at the request of the Young Communist League was organized club. At the same time when removing the bell tower was damaged by Epiphany Church. Chapel of St. Lucian was desecrated and destroyed in 1926. Subsequently, the church buildings were handed over to the museum house prisoners transferred from the city Alexandrov Lukianovu deserts. Place of burial of descendants Sobakina Basil, the father of Martha, the wife of Tsar Ivan the Terrible, as well as the abbot Lukianovoy desert father Abraham in the Cathedral of the Nativity were desecrated and destroyed. In the rectory building in 1970 housed a hospital.
In 1922, for exemption from churches and monasteries of church property, from the desert were seized Lukianovoy 2 poods 24 pounds (more than four kilograms) of silver in the form of salary from the icons (in particular, with the robe of the Image of the Saviour Cathedral, weighing nine and a half pounds ), liturgical vessels, crosses, censers, lamps and even jewelry from old gospels. Was removed and the robe with the miraculous icon. The faithful of the city Alexandrov collected silver coins and scrap gold and silver, equal to the weight the miraculous icon of the salary (about five pounds), and, having passed it, bought the robe. The very same icon was taken to the museum "Aleksandrova Sloboda".
In 1927, the parishioners of Christ Cathedral Aleksandrov sent a letter to the management of the museum to hand over to the current council icon of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, very expensive "for every believer, a man accustomed to venerate the icon, as a relic of his heart." Request was not granted. In the present residence revealed the miraculous icon of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary is unknown. (The Appearance of the miraculous icon of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin, painted in the XVI century, refers to the Novgorod school of icon painting. Its size 75.5 cm Size h62 hagiographical icons, which was inserted appearance of the icon, 164.5 h131, 2 cm)
Appearance of the icon of the Virgin Nativity Lukianovoy desert anciently revered in Russia and became famous for its miracles. Along with two other well-known appearance of the icon Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, and Isaac Syamskoy, she is honored on the day of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary with all the Russian Orthodox Church.
In Soviet times, churches Lukianovoy desert disrepair and eventually collapsed. As in those times of the Polish invasion, they were outraged and plundered, without prayer and singing, on the ground, consecrated trikratnym phenomenon icon of the Blessed Virgin.
The first in the diocese.
The first monastery, discovered in the Vladimir diocese in 1991, became the St. Lucian Virgin-Christmas, ten miles from Alexander the Assumption Convent. Recalls Lord Eulogy ...
About Lukianovoy monastery in the diocese who then little thought - were engaged in the parishes. Many do not even know it existed until we are reminded of her cultural workers Alexander area, who came specially to Vladimir, right in the bishop's residence, diocesan authorities to encourage saving for it to work, unable to contain her.
Monastery of antiquity in almost four centuries, the winter 1991 has come in full decay. On it was sad and scary to watch. It seemed there was nothing alive. Walls have lost almost all of its towers, the body thrown on the house rats and mice, churches have lost their heavenly face - were without roofs, cracked walls with. Only the age-old lime trees and elms reminded of the beautiful, bright bygone end of this remarkable monastery of the XVII century, when here came a big adherent of holy life - Rev. Lucian of Pereslavl and monasteries here marked the beginning of the monastic Life of the monastery, which is abundantly grown and strengthened over three and a half century, serving the Church with all his spiritual order of life as the principal and his saving activity.
But these trees for the monastery? Too fragile witnesses of the past. Here fathomless sky itself concealed the spirit of the monastery, which does not constrain any space, no turbulent times, damaging its outer band. In this apparent catastrophe of the monastery, led former users "to be" surprisingly lit candle invisible souls of his best monks, ascetics of faith, able to warm himself frozen in human life.
The spirit is stronger and livelier matter, subject to the laws of decay. While the monastery remained a fortress of their temples and buildings, it was used until the last breath. When it all fell into disrepair, its haste to pass the diocese "without fighting", which is characteristic of the carnal world. But how to take the monastery without seeing it in kind. Agreed with the leadership to go along Alexandrov and look pitiful remains of the monastery, as it seemed to us then. On the way to the monastery hoisted into our car, "owner" of the monastery, holding something in him under lock and key - the chairman of a state farm in the village Baksheev. She could not help sovego first confusion, seeing a large delegation, especially in the person of the bishop, which will decide the fate of an abandoned monastery.
"If you knew in what form is the place where we are in a hurry, - start talking director of the farm - for anything you would not go there. There's nothing to take, and there simply can not live. I'm surprised your courage. There and the District of unhealthy people finally soured, free hooligans. " I find it hard to object to it, but there was a mysterious vozrazitel there, preferring to ruin, shame on the good and the revival of the glory of God, which we have contemplated, in spite of everything. Lucian monastery, we found an even more serious condition than described it in words. One could only wonder: how not to look like a man to himself, being in very nature God.
That only was not there at the close of the monastery in the 30s - it was the last user medical spa. But he is not cured people from death, what he did monastery, clearing people from sin and its causes. There, they say life, people think, which you must fight and fight, and it makes no sense to speak of death as nothing has for them. Promenena eternity on time, on incorruption tlenost. As a result, a sadness, no joy.
The survey was brief. On the threshold of all was clear and very understandable. Closing on all our eyes, we soon told us chiefs accompanying their intention to take the monastery in any case - for the glory of his past and the glory of God in the future, if God will give us once again return to the abode of life.
We prayed to St. Lucian and left with a renewed sense of the monastery. But it is surprising that over time, repeated the ancient history of the monastery. Rev. Lucian in his time found a place yet in the worst condition, completely uninhabited, terribly devastated after the Polish-Lithuanian raids. His pleasing and comforting a holy icon of the Nativity of the Virgin, the miraculous, which he found among the ashes, deliberately came to this desert. We can say that on their own shoulders, and with the first of his spiritual children Monk drew the desert in the monastic cloister, a small castle, built a temple to his cell and brothers.
Now the Passover of Christ in 1991, who believed, as always, start a new life where it buried under the ashes of people to their passions. On Easter Week we learned from one old-timer hail Alexandrova, that in the history of this castle was a festive procession from the desert to Alexandrov Lukianovoy with the miraculous icon of the Nativity of the Virgin, which always occurred at six weeks for Easter.
It has more than one news - right signal to the renewal of this historic march, and to cause the opening of the monastery, and that happened a miracle of God, the prayers of the Blessed Virgin Mary to the delight of many Orthodox people. Ahead was only three weeks to somehow prepare for a new historical feast for aleksandrovtsev.
On the eve of the procession in the city administration was busy meeting with our business people in first aid in the restoration of an ancient desert, which for a long time took care of the spiritual Orthodox residents.
With the miraculous icon of the Mother of God then bypass around the city, to carry the many homes, starting with the governor, were with her in the hospital, prison, sanctifying all human refuge.
But here is the first contribution to the city Lukianovoy desert, to identify at the meeting: who let the brick, building materials who who everyday things. However, the monastery is not only walls, but above all people, and people are spiritual, with a hardness of reaching a new road, the road of eternal life, which is one of the most difficult problems for him in the future.
Early on in the desert Lukianovu wished at once six men, mostly from sub-deacons of the cathedral, but they soon fell away almost all of its desires and merged back into the world. In the diocese were enumerated nearly all the monks, from the fathers archimandrites, and no one answered the call to start and lead the monastery, frightening, apparently, many committed by him in the pogrom.
Rescued diocese Danilov Monastery, delicately echoed her cry for the desert as the first monastery.
Archimandrite Hippolyte agreed to our proposed nomination - Superior Dosifei (Danilenko), and His Holiness Patriarch Alexy II, Moscow svyaschennoarhimandrit this convent, generously and graciously blessed this Dwellers go to Vladimir diocese after a personal request on our first phone call, but for those on a separate report .
The discovery of the desert was in the sixth week of Easter, and was associated with updating the procession, the former once between Alexandrov and monastery. After seventy years of eclipse in the country on Christian life first procession in Alexandrov was perceived by all lively and admiration.
The road to the monastery, which reverently fathers and grandfathers went to a few centuries, consecrating prayer and faith their souls, updated from its zhiteynosti. This procession was special and historic right. It involved first desert monks led by their abbot, carrying with him a cross for hoisting it on the ground burial of the founder of St. Lucian.
Many of the monks did not yet know the desert as a place of residence. Went, not knowing her time shattered state. However, all participants in the procession of St. Paschal felt the greatness of this day, the illuminating beam of invisible life of the kingdom of heaven. Especially touching was the entrance to the desert, who had not seen the triumph of the church and heard church music for several decades. Although we met some blackened ruins of the old desert, they reigned a mysterious spirit.
Holiday, the first prayer in the monastery. Stood in front of the once magnificent cathedral of the Nativity of the Mother of God, where, apparently, there was first a monastic life. With us was the icon of the Virgin Birth of Her, selected through the efforts of a father in the size of the former archpriest, miraculous.
It was hard to finish this first prayer in place of desert wondrous feats - it did not want to know the end. Spring day, bright sun, the fragrance of blossoming trees and grasses have made untold paint a new picture in relationship to the church relics left by people in the wind of unbelief to God, your creator and maker. So far ended with a prayer to the crowds who had come from the city, drove the truck, turning on a spotlight. It was touching to tears, when everyone knew that it was brought beds and mattresses for the brethren, who had expected the night of her spring mosquitoes.
At the end of life abundantly sprinkled holy water on all that is yet found alive in the desert: the temples, housing area, in order to bring down blessing on their new inhabitants.
Immediately came among a procession of people passed to the "plate" to the monastery. Mite old ladies looked more and more valuable than millions. The people from the time the soul clung to this holy place, despite his terrible impersonality. Well, in our souls we find no less chaotic than in the cloister, outraged atheists. Only difference is that one can see debris and teaches all the other invisible and does not bother his carrier.
Not far from the walls of the desert hovering ramshackle house veteran of these places, even remembering it open and alive. One old woman told first inhabitants of that once saw the hermit praying near the walls of the Cathedral of the Nativity, with whom she even spoke, thinking it was some stranger, dressed in monk's robes. Then the old man disappeared right before your eyes.
People have often heard singing in the churches of the monastery, not yet involved agencies. And on the feast day of St Lucian suddenly began to arrive, pilgrims from all sides.
It is surprising that in honoring St. Lucian, whose relics were miraculously uncovered in the day in the desert came a bus with pilgrims from Brest, who just cheered on the services and prayers to her. Prayer flowed into the convent immediately after opening it, and these were not parochial prayers, and long, opening day in her exceedingly early.
Not all at once established the choir, but was pleased everyone when he grew up in full force and effect, delighting all the monastic singing and reading.
The church has burned wax candles were burning lamps, the smell of incense. Electricity in the convent at the time services are not caught on as an alien phenomenon in it.
The first service in the altars, temples were in close quarters, but took on a different comfort - in the rite, and especially in the content of their parts, the grace for the soul. Our happiness is in fact a very special - in the sense of the eternal God of force, in whatever circumstances we may be.
Luxury in a more earthly goods prevent us from finding the grace of Christ, than the crowded and poverty.
Services between all the monks were in the labor obedience. In the summer - gardens, fields, hay, firewood, winter - snow, cleaning, heating stoves, care for livestock. Work - a continuation of prayer.
In keliyah located in two or three monks. Keliey owned only a single father abbot. So difficult was the hostel inhabitants. But soon the brotherly corps was almost mastered, and dormitory conditions have improved.
In the food for the brethren was not lacking. Their milk, bread, vegetables, provided the economic side of the monastery. God fed His verbal babies. The pilgrims and parishioners did not spare his kindness to the new monastery, believing in his prayer "for peace around the world."
Recovery porushennogo monastery was one of the most important tasks. All of the desert, sighing over it as over a severely wounded man. It began with the very small - the suspension of destruction. Earth buildings are crumbling, when there is no living with them in people.
They all begin to live, even the most hopeless. For the past nine years Lukianova desert noticeably changed, especially in the interior of its parts. Twenty-five of the most fraternity, the same staff member passing school education. The emphasis in the desert one - prayer in the church in all its aspects, on a full charter. She performs the miracle of life. People do not get sick as in the world. Disadvantages bring harmony in health. Bright joy in my heart - that's happiness at the top of the monk. He is before God, "Father of lights", and he no more scary and uncomfortable - neither death, nor sickness, no sorrow, which is full of earth.
Eternity is near, it is faith that is in the power that saves all. Abode on the ground - this is the threshold of paradise, it is necessary to pass a school of patience all the troubles, internal and external, to enter into it before it opens in the next century. But this paradise in the abode of many still do not understand and just scares them. Difficult for us to turn away from the materiality of our lives, grow together with those to which constantly calls the monastery as the only condition in the acquisition of another, perfect and eternal life, which gives the grace of the Holy Spirit.
Great joy of the monastery became the icon of the Mother of God under the name of a brand new out of all the previously known "Abbess of Mount Athos", brought from Greece, from the Holy Mountain, with the blessing of His Holiness Patriarch Alexy II. Now, this holy image of Our Lady of the faith alive monks monastery about any special care of heaven from the life of a hard time in their everyday lives in a raging passion in the world. Something close, and the like can be seen in this prihozhdenii Athonite icons of the Virgin at this historic site, once hallowed, too, the holy icon, her Christmas has become a monastic destiny.
In Athonite icon has its own interesting story.
This is really new in its content and origin of the Greek painter painted icon of the Mount Athos monastery Schemamonk Paisios. The letter's author boldly put Virgin Igumen wand over the whole monastic island in the presence of two Russian monks - Anthony and Silvanus, clearly inscribing the idea for praying for her by day-night standing before God for those who want to save the soul as the most holy cause of life. Way to Russia from Mount Athos, in the desert was to Lukianovu this icon surprisingly bright.
Organized the smelters of the holy icon of the sea and by air prior Athos monastery in Moscow Abbot Nikon (Smirnov). He saw the miracle of the icon. In a separate vessel sailing under the name "Quick to Hearken" she chose to go by sea from Mount Athos to the pier in Ouranoupolis, leaving a typical passenger flight, and always noisy and not very reverent. In Moscow, met the holy icon impressive representation of monastic communities of the diocese as the Vladimir Mother of God apparent blessing for them. Do not pass all the senses, all trembling heart of what he saw the holy Theotokos, red and straight pashaolno written prayers and love of the Athonite monk. It also concluded the way to Kyoto with flowers. Poured first prayers before the One who came from the Holy Mountain, in order to strengthen the sky looking for the rest of the soul. In Vladimir there was an unprecedented meeting of the icons of its citizens, starting with the first of its people. Within a month, "Abbess of Mount Athos" avoided all the monasteries of the diocese and the larger cities, meeting great reverence reverence warm the hearts of men. The monasteries services were held at night, vanishes in the prayers for the soul in the day that knows no earthly time. It is difficult to cover all cases with people who saw changes in her life of prayer and their applications to the Virgin. The last and final stop for the icon, brought from the city Kirzhach became Lukianova abode. With a procession, singing with the brotherly image of Our Lady of October 25, 1999 contributed to the Epiphany monastery church, adorning his heavenly beauty of the Bride Nenevestnoy.