Things to Anapa
"It is better to see once than hear a hundred times" - that is what leads to inspect the neighborhood, historic buildings and monuments of Anapa inquisitive tourists and curious townspeople ... In the resort town and around the lack of attractions. Monuments of nature and history attract many tourists and individual researchers.
In the heart of the resort is a unique monument of antiquity - ancient city Gorgippia. The remains of the ancient Greek polis hidden in Anapa land area of about 35 hectares under modern buildings. Walking through the city, you can visit the excavated and restored areas of the city, built by the ancient Greeks two thousand years ago. All of them - part of Anapa Archaeological Museum "Gorgippia."
You can see firsthand the ancient cellars of houses, storage facilities for wine and grain, the remnants of urban communications, in ancient times, the townspeople built Gorgippia. Next to the building of the museum for everyone to put up finds - utensils, weapons, jewelry, household items and farm found by archeologists in the excavation.
Small Greek settlement on the shore Gorgippia Anapa bay appeared in the 2nd half of the fourth century BC. Gorgippia repeated the fate of the Bosporus state that once existed in the Black Sea coast. Several times she almost collapsed to the ground, but then again been built up. The greatest flowering of the ancient city had reached in the second century AD.
To this day, scientists, archaeologists continue to study this ancient monument. Museum "Gorgippia" takes visitors on weekdays. And the opening day of the holiday season in Anapa on the ancient buildings are arranged colorful theatrical performances.
Historic Monument "Russian Gate" is located almost in the heart of Anapa - in front of the museum "Gorgippia." It is part of the walls of the fortress of Anapa, built by Turkish troops in the late 18th century. Such historical monuments of military architecture in Russia is extremely small, and "Russian gate" in this regard is very interesting and unique.
The main facade of the gate "looks" to the east. It is in this area were located the main roads and trade routes, leading to the Turkish fortress once. The thickness of the walls forming the gate - almost two meters, and the overlap made of brick. Inside, numerous arches form a niche where they could hide stored ammunition and soldiers defending the fort.
Until the 80s of last century, "Russian gate" is not subjected to any repair work, but now they are fully recovered. On the pedestal at the eastern facade of the newly menacing look on the sides of the gun two hundred years ago. And, of course, against the background of this impressive monument with pleasure photographed residents and visitors of Anapa.
By the way, "Russian gate," got his "Russian" name in honor of the victory of our forces over the Turks, originally called "the gates of Anapa." Now it is - one of the most interesting and significant monuments of history not only of Anapa, but the whole of the Kuban.
This is perhaps the most romantic attraction Anapa. How many visits here were appointed and designated as residents and guests of the resort! And with a small viewing platform at the lighthouse is a beautiful view first the Caucasus Mountains - Bald Mountain, delineated flood of restless sea. Here on the bank, especially in the setting sun, obtain the most picturesque photos!
Built on the embankment of Anapa in 1898 the lighthouse was reconstructed three times and rebuilt. The numerous wars of the last century, in every way hindered send a beam of light into the dark realm of sea. Restored the lighthouse and after the explosion, carried out by the Nazi invaders, retreating from Novorossiysk in 1943. Now, despite his venerable age, Anapa beacon is successfully operating for its intended purpose.
Thus, in these days octagonal black and white lighthouse tower is not only a "guiding light" for the ships, sailing past the Anapa, but also a traditional meeting place for romantics Anapa.
Another very interesting historical monument of the 19th century in Anapa is the Orthodox Church St.Onufriy. On his long lifetime he witnessed many tragic and solemn events of Anapa history, including the invasion of the warlike Turks, and the visit of the Russian tsar ...
In the 20s last century, after the capture of the fortress of Anapa Russian, the remainder of the garrison was in distress. The morale of the soldiers was overwhelmed by the constant threat attacks Highlanders, an acute shortage of food and drinking water in the fortress of rampant disease. Left to rely only on God's mercy, and Tsar Nicholas I, taking into account this fact, soon issued a Supreme Decree "On the Structure of the fortress of Anapa Greco-Russian Church."
Anapa temple was named after the elder Onuphrius, since the day of this saint is recalcitrant Turkish outpost finally surrendered to Russian troops. September 23, 1837 personally visited the fortress of the emperor himself who performs a detour bridgehead in the south of the state.
During the Crimean War Anapa again conquered the Turks, and again fought off her back Russian troops. A small chapel, placed on the site of the destroyed temple, was made of clay, covered with reeds and had a dirt floor. Only in 1871, his place was built a stone church, with her well opened parochial school. When a few years later Anapa fired from the Turkish ship, one of the shells fell right through the building of the temple. Later this place was noted in black.
In the 30s of last century, the Holy Church was vandalized Onufrievskaya ravaged by the Bolsheviks, from the bell were removed, demolished the gilded domes, and the building handed over to a museum.
During World War II at the request of parishioners fascist invaders allowed local people to conduct worship in the temple.
In 1964, the church has experienced suffering another wave of persecution. His building is handed over to the Bolsheviks under the House of Pioneers, dome and bell tower was destroyed, and the altar erected on the site of the scene. It was only in 1991 through the efforts of believers managed to return the church of the Orthodox community, after which it was rebuilt and consecrated persons of the Russian high-ranking church.
Walking through the streets of Anapa, you can also get acquainted with many memorable characters Anapa.
A monument to participants of liquidation of the Chernobyl accident, where molten lava flows down the granite slab, located in the park of the 30th anniversary of Victory, near the monument "Eternal Flame". Here, on a pedestal is pierced by a bullet granite stele, barbed wire - a monument to victims of political repression. Next to the seaport of Anapa in the shade of blue spruce a memorial sign in honor of the famous anapchanki - mother, Mary (born Elizabeth Kuzmina-Karavaeva (Pilenko), martyred in a Nazi concentration camp.
Becoming more and more in Anapa amusing sculptures made with humor and giving the resort a special charm. Monument to the white hat, incarnate of the lines of the famous smash hit "... I'll wear a white hat, I'll go to town Anapa !..», stone" resting "peacefully reclining in a flower bed right in the town quay - these" highlights "are popular with the public all ages.
Russian cities Anapa
Rest in Anapa
the beaches of Anapa